First Thought Equine Terms and Conditions
First Thought Equine is a manufacturer of saddles which are sold worldwide to retailers whom then sell the saddles to their client, the end user.
The terms and conditions will differ according to whether you are buying from
- A retailer
- Online direct purchase
- You are a retailer and have a commercial account
To explain this further:
- When buying a WOW saddle, you will normally be buying from a third party or retailer who has attended our training courses and will be advertised on our web site. If you buy from someone not advertised on our web site they will not be up to date in their training and fitting procedures and may never of attended any official courses.
- We do however sell some saddles direct to the end user client in the geographical area immediately around the factory. Should you buy a saddle direct from First Thought Equine you will be made aware of this when you make the appointment, and your invoice will be from First Thought Equine Ltd on our headed paper. Selling direct gives us feedback on the product first hand, in addition to meeting clients on our exhibition stands.
- In addition, we offer an online web shop, accessed through the portal off the front page of this web site for small parts associated with our products. The sale of items from the online shop is governed by the terms and conditions shown on the online shop.
- You are a retailer and have been provided with a commercial trade account. The terms and conditions ,payment and delivery terms differ from that of the end user .
Please read these terms and conditions carefully, if you do not agree with them, please do not request our services or ask to buy from us. Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights.
- Buying a saddle or fitting service from a retailer who sells and fits WOW saddles.
- your contract is with that retailer direct and you will pay them for their services and products supplied.
- Should you have any queries or worries you MUST, by law refer back to them.
- If you are unhappy you MUST also refer back to them as by law your contract is with them direct and if you involve a third party to change the fit etc without involving the original retailer, you potentially negate the original retailer’s responsibilities.
- We expect retailers to take and hold saddle fitting records and invoice you correctly – You will require an invoice if insuring products such as saddles.
- You should be asked to confirm that you are happy with the fit and service on the day that you purchase.
- Please note that consumer law relating to new saddle purchases differs according to if the saddle is custom specified and made to order or purchased from stock…The law relating to internet sales also differs from the law relating to face to face sales.
- If a retailer is not responding to your requests for help, please let us know as it our product’s reputation that is potentially damaged.
- Most retailers book appointments several weeks in advance, so do not be surprised if this is the case. They should confirm the fees they will be charging you for the fitting service and travel in advance. These will NOT be those shown on this web site as they all have their own charging levels as they are not employed by us- they are separate businesses.
- When we accept orders (any) delivery will vary according to the time of year due to a variety of factors and usually (not always) will be greater than six weeks. Time is never of the essence when we accept an order. We cannot be held responsible for courier delays.
- Fair wear and Tear Guarantee – The WOW trees are guaranteed for fair wear and tear for five years from the date of supply new to the original purchaser, providing they are used for the purpose supplied. Leather parts with exception of the seat (tree) are guaranteed for fair wear and tear for 12 months from the date of sale to the original purchaser providing they have been cared for in accordance with our care instructions. Should you have a problem your contract is with your retailer and you should return the goods to them for further action.
- We supply information leaflets and web articles for our clients, retailers and the public and such leaflets and articles are protected by copyright and you may not copy contents without the company’s express permission in writing.
- Buying a saddle or fitting service direct, but on not online, from First Thought Equine Ltd.
- your contract is with First Thought Equine Ltd (FTE Ltd) and you will pay FTE Ltd direct for our services and products supplied as advised in advance when you make the appointment for a visit.
- The costs involved will be advised in writing 14 days prior to your appointment , or earlier, and if you have to have a short notice appointment then you will be required to sign a Society of Master Saddlers “Notice of Right to cancel form” which states you will pay our various costs associated with the visit.
- We will require you to complete various forms with personal information about you and your horse – see below. This information is required in order that we can saddle fit correctly and safely and to invoice you for the work done. If you are not happy for us to do this and for us to continue to hold such information securely for 6 years, then we are unable to work with you.
- Should you have any queries or worries you should contact us by telephone and/ or email, using the office telephone number – 01227 831614 or [email protected]. We do not use face book or face book messenger for such purposes.
- You will be asked to confirm that you are happy with the fit and service on the day that you purchase. We will also take a very short video showing you and your horse at walk, trot and canter on both reins with a voice over identifying you, your horse, the date, saddle specification and adjustments.
- We book appointments several weeks in advance, and to save our customers money we try and put appointments for the same area on the same day, so the travel element of the cost can be spared. If you know we have clients in the same yard it is worth checking that they know we are coming as they also need a check up and share the travel cost.
- The fees FTE LTd will charge you for the fitting service, travel and for any products purchased in accordance with the below table.
||Charge by FTE Ltd
|Initial Saddle demo to see if you like & wish to order
|Fitting of new saddle ordered direct from FTE ltd
|Follow up Saddle check 3 to 6 weeks after initial fitting
|Saddle fitting checks thereafter at your request
||£75.00 per saddle
|Saddle fit check to provide specification for a second-hand saddle you wish to find via third parties
||£150 per horse/saddle
|Travel to appointments at your premises or your horse’s livery yard
||£1/mile one way as calculated by google maps either from the premises of FTE or the preceding appointment.
FOC*. Should you decide after buying the saddle that you wish to return the saddle ordered and made for you and we agree to take it back, you will be charged the normal saddle fitting fee indicated above and travel for these visits.
The forms you will be involved in the completion of before or after the saddle fit are as follows:
- Pre – Visit – Saddle fitting By First Thought Equine. – contains charges, what we expect from you and what you should expect from us to ensure we can give you the best service
- Pre – Visit – Telephone Questionnaire when confirming time and date for the visit, regarding history of your horse(s) in relation to work and saddle fitting
- On the day – the saddle fitter will complete an A3 duplicate template form recording the shape of the horse and the specification chosen. You are given a copy of this for your records. They will also complete a general saddle fitting check list to ensure they have completed all checks we require.
- On the Day – The saddle fitter will take three identifying pictures of the horse to add to the template forms and film a very short video of you riding your horse in the saddle in walk, trot and canter with a voice over identifying you and your horse, the date, specification and the adjustments made.
- On the Day – the saddle fitter will ask you to sign a Society of Master Saddlers “Notice of Right to Cancel Contract” form prior to carrying our work if you had a short notice appointment (visit within 14 days of making the appointment)
- On the day – Saddle Fitting charge sheet as receipt on day for money paid. This is always followed up with an invoice from the office.
- After the purchase – Various Information Leaflets – these are supplied with a new saddle giving you information on the care of the saddle and also on saddle fitting issues.
- The implications of buying new bespoke saddles versus a “off the peg” saddles are outlined below.
- If the saddle is made to measure and to a chosen personal specification it is not “off the peg” and it is considered in consumer law as a “bespoke” product. Normally when buying a product, you have to the right to cancel a contract within 14 days of receiving the goods without giving a reason. However, in the case of bespoke/made to measure items, i.e a bespoke saddle – there is no right to cancel the contract for the product. It is not returnable. If the saddle is not fitted to your satisfaction on the day of fitting, we will return and refit and replace panels and head plates if necessary at our cost.
- Should you have purchased a FITTED saddle that is “off the peg” – ie from second hand demo stock etc- you have the right to cancel within 14 days of receiving the item and your monies will be returned less a sum commensurate with its diminished value due to use. However, if that saddle was purchased after using our fitting service which comprises a consultation fee and a mileage allowance, the fitting fee is not refundable as it is a cost incurred for services rendered at the time of our visit to you, or your visit to us (when no travel allowance is charged). In this instance you must inform us of your wish to cancel by a clear written statement to be received by us prior to the deadline of 14 days and are responsible for the cost of returning it to our offices. A saddle purchased after viewing but without fitting, cannot be returned for a refund.
- Delivery – and therefore fitting if applicable, will vary according to the time of year for a variety of factors and will usually (not always) be greater than six weeks. Time is never of the essence as a condition of the contract, when we accept an order.
- Pricing- All products are priced in pounds sterling and you will always be advised of the cost before you are expected to place an order. Delivery is usually by hand in the case of fitted products but If delivery is not by hand, then you will be advised of the delivery cost and expected timescale. We cannot be held responsible for courier delays.
- Payment – we accept most credit cards, cash, sterling cheques and bank transfer. Please do not email credit card details to us.
- Fair wear and Tear Guarantee – The WOW trees are guaranteed for fair wear and tear for five years from the date of supply new to the original purchaser, providing they are used for the purpose supplied. Leather parts with exception of the seat (tree) are guaranteed for fair wear and tear for 12 months from the date of sale to the original purchaser providing they have been cared for in accordance with our care instructions.
- Repairs – we will always supply a quotation for any repair but expect goods requiring repair to be sent to us CLEAN and free from horse hair and grease. If items are returned for repair in a dirty state you will be charged a cleaning fee of £48 including VAT. We will not repair items that are sent to us covered with mould due to the potential of cross contamination.
- We supply information leaflets and web articles for our clients and such leaflets and articles are protected by copyright and you may not copy contents without the company’s express permission in writing.
- Buying products from the First Line online shop accessed from the web sites wowsaddles.com. www.flair.co.uk. www.korrector.com. and any other web sites owned by First Thought Equine Ltd. The terms and conditions are shown on the online web shop.
- Retailer Buying commercially with trade account from First Thought Equine Ltd. The terms and conditions are supplied on an annual basis for agreement and signature without which we cannot trade.
All Terms and Conditions
- Jurisdiction – Our terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Company registration number is 3185860. VAT number GB 724 8348 20